Upon return to Yoyga, decided I also needed to try the local version of Chinese Cupping (practiced to invigorate stagnate qi and blood and promote their circulation through the channels and muscle tissue) so I let a nice Javanese man attach bull horns to my back and legs. The horns were attached via the suction created by a flame’s consumption of oxygen between my skin and the horn. Felt like a dinosaur, named…. WAHOOASAURUS Or BANANARAMASAURUS or…ideas?
On our still a little weary legs (some of us, perhaps unwisely, went out dancing all night both before and after the hike) we went to Milas Restaurant, our favorite (homemade cheese, brown bread, organic garden!) for an incredible easter brunch feast with friends…and family! Dan’s mom was in town and being the awesome mom that she is she brought us easter chocolates! So it was the best indo easter ever.
FMI: http://www.integrative-healthcare.org/mt/archives/2008/10/cupping_for_mas.html
http://ecam.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/nep035

1 comment:
Glad you are mixing hiking with dancing. Just tried to call your cell phone and some indonesian operator said something i didn't understand. But I wanted to tell you that I miss you, love you and got you letter in the mail this week. Hugs and kisses.
XO,
Laura
Post a Comment